Friedman Chiropractic, Inc., recognizes that your privacy is very important to you and that you have a right to control your personal information. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously. This notice describes how medical information about you may be acquired, used and disclosed, and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
Friedman Chiropractic, Inc., does not collect any information via its website except that which visitors voluntarily may send us, including requests to be added or removed from the email newsletter, any emails sent to us, or any documents faxed to us, including the downloadable patient forms obtained from this site.
Explicitly, neither this website nor its host organization use log files to acquire any information whatsoever from visitors such as internet protocol, internet service provider, date/time stamp, etc. or any other tracking information. Nor does this website employ cookies in any way. We do not require registration of any kind to gain access to the information herein, nor do we have any online forms by which visitors can or must send us information. We do not accept third-party advertising nor do we disclose any visitor data to any third parties. Email addresses acquired and held for the purpose of distributing an emailed newsletter are never sold nor disclosed to any outside parties.
Information acquired from visitors who voluntarily contact us is handled under our standard office Privacy and Confidentiality Statement outlined below. If you have any questions concerning our acquisition or use of patient information, please contact us at the address or phone listed below.
Information Disclosed by this Office
We may disclose information to other health care professionals and/or your insurance carrier for treatment, payment, or health care operations. Additional disclosures may be necessary to comply with Workers' Compensation and Public Health Laws as well as any legal proceedings. We reserve the right to contact a family member or other authorized person in the event of an emergency. However, information will not be disclosed without a patient's expressed written consent unless compelled to do so by legal authority. We will contact you by phone or mail in the event a request for information is made.
Please note that if it becomes necessary to call your home concerning an appointment or health matter, we will not leave a message on an answering machine or with any other person than yourself that discloses confidential information. If you would prefer that we use an alternate number to reach you, please let us know.
1. You may send us a request in writing to see or have a copy of any information we have on file about you. You may amend any incomplete or inaccurate personal information. If the information came from another source, we will refer you to that source, such as hospitals or health care workers.
2. You may request that we place additional restrictions on how we may use, and to whom we may disclose your health information. However, we are not legally required to agree to your request, in particular, instances where they may be prohibited by law.
3. You may request us to use reasonable alternative means of contacting you regarding medical matters or direct us to an alternate address.
4. You may request an accounting of any disclosures concerning your medical information, except when these are made for treatment, payment or health care operations, or the law otherwise restricts the accounting.
5. You have the right to see and receive a copy of your health information. After the first copy there will be a $25 charge for additional copies.
6. You have the right to amend your information. We reserve the right to disagree with your changes. In the event of a disagreement, we will provide you with information about our denial of your amendment and the means with which you may appeal it.
7. You have the right to a copy of the notice upon request.
If you have any questions about your rights to privacy or complaints as to how your privacy is handled by this office, please contact our privacy officer at (415) 459-4646. If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint is handled, you may contact DHHS (Office of Civil Rights), 200 Independence Ave., S.W., Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington, D.C. 20201.
additional information or to receive an information
Annex: 405 D Street, Suite 2, Petaluma, CA
DISCLAIMER: This newsletter is intended to provide health information to improve quality of life an assist users to better understand their health and arrange more easily for healthcare services. It is not an attempt to replace the need to seek healthcare services nor to provide specific healthcare advice. Information provided should not be used to diagnose or dispute a qualified healthcare professional's judgement. If you have any questions, please give our office a call or check with your local healthcare professional.
© Copyright 2015 Friedman Chiropractic, Inc. All Rights Reserved.